The LAW FIRM VAN ROMPUY was established in 1952 by Lawyer Willy Van Rompuy, LL.M.
In 1968, he located his office at Ringlaan in Antwerp Wilrijk, approx. 30 miles north of Brussels, the capital of Belgium and the European Union.
The firm is currently directed by his son, Lawyer JAN VAN ROMPUY, LL.M.
In 1981, Jan Van Rompuy graduated cum laude in Law from the University of Antwerp and in the same year he started practising law as a Master in Law.
Since 1984, he is also a part-time Assistant, currently Practice Assistant, at the Faculty of Law of the University of Antwerp.
In accordance with the Royal Decree dated on August 10, 2005 (Belgian Law Gazette dated on August 23, 2005), he was appointed to Deputy Judge of Appeal in the Court of Appeal in Antwerp.